National Tax Office (NTO) Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions Manager
- Chicago, IL
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. You won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to sharpen your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Serve as a technical tax resource on M&A transactions conducted by clients throughout the firm.
- Technical application on a variety of buy and sell side transactions, including tax structuring projects, tax modeling of after tax proceeds, review of transactions, and tax due diligence
- Assist with the implementation of tax planning opportunities identified during diligence and manage any findings identified.
- Assist with other National Tax Office functions, including building new service areas, addressing tax reform, and handling emerging tax issues.
- 6+ years recent tax experience in public accounting with a specialization in NTO tax.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- CPA or Bar License required.
- Ability to interpret tax law.
- Proficiency in tax planning and reporting issues relevant for corporate consolidated returns, S corporation returns, partnership returns, and state tax returns.
- Experience advising clients on the tax implications of various transactions.
- Experience supervising staff on engagements and managing client relationships.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near or be willing to relocate to Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati , Grand Rapids, or Metro Detroit. Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 25% overnight travel is required.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark .
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top