National Tax Office - Entry Level
Make your mark. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
You'll help instill confidence in organizations large and small by assuring their financial health. We'll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Considering tax issues associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Researching complex tax issues and write technical memorandum
- Assisting with international tax structuring and operational issues
- Preparing tax returns and serve as an integral part of engagement teams for clients
- Assisting with National Tax Office functions, such as writing internal and external tax alerts on current tax developments and emerging planning techniques
- Assisting with internal tax education function
- Meaningful interactions with staff at all levels as well as with our impressive repertoire of clients.
- Strong interest in the tax law, as demonstrated by at least five tax courses completed or planned before graduation
- Detail-oriented leader with problem solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting; or Master's degree in accounting or tax.
- Must be pursuing a LLM, JD, or CPA license
- Academic success (a minimum major GPA of 3.25).
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," "100 Best Companies for Millennials" and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Job Location Midwest, , United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top