IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Make your mark. We are excited to expand our Rapid Application Development team to enable us to do even more for our clients and our staff. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about software development and solving business problems with state-of-the-art technology solutions.
The Plante Moran Technology Services team has been recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and 2019 and won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you. Join our award winning technology team, and grow your career!
As a Business Analyst on our Technology Services team, your problem solving skills are a must. Your ability to analyze, document and provide creative solutions to business and technology problems will contribute to the technological development and direction of Plante Moran. We are looking for a Business Analyst to contribute talent, expertise, and leadership in planning, design, development, configuration, and launch of technology-based solutions. The position requires knowledge and abilities in information technology, system configuration, systems integration, business processes, analysis, problem solving, and communication.
The role includes analysis of complete processes to identify and select opportunities to make significant improvements. Additionally, the role is responsible for designing new applications, integrating systems, and providing sound advice and support on the best use of system capabilities. The role contributes to the standards and methodologies business process improvement.
- Act as liaison between the client, development/project team and third parties regarding the design, build and delivery of a solution throughout the project and/or application development lifecycle.
- Work cross-functionally with Project Managers, Solution Architects, Application Developers and Network Engineers to analyze, document and propose technical and business solutions.
- Elucidate, collect, understand and document business requirements for projects and translate into objectives and measurable deliverables.
- Analyze areas for improvement in internal processes documenting business issues, user interfaces and support systems to increase staff productivity, performance effectiveness, and work-flow efficiency.
- Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts, including the coordination of project and user staff in the execution of the test plan.
- Conduct Dev review and UAT session with project stakeholder teams.
- Take personal responsibility for the outcomes of your work; follow through on commitments to others; see things through to completion. Must be self-directed and able to manage your schedule with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, or related degree required.
- 5+ years of BA experience required.
- Technical experience and knowledge of the application development life-cycle.
- Solid time management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top