Investment Banking Associate - Southfield, MI
P&M Corporate Finance - Investment Banking Associate
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC (PMCF), a U.S. registered broker/dealer, is an investment bank providing merger and acquisition services to companies throughout North America and Europe. Since our inception, we have successfully completed more than 250 financial advisory engagements for a wide array of clients in virtually every business sector, including individual and family-owned businesses, large public companies, and private equity firms.
Candidates must demonstrate academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking and exceptional written and oral communications skills. Associates are required to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
They are responsible for oversight and accuracy of Analyst duties, including review of modeling, research methodology and deal wrap up activities.
Associates will often write significant portions of Offering Memoranda, pitches and management presentations, as well as oversee the development of such documents.
Participation in strategic discussions surrounding the transaction, establishing buyer research criteria and profiles, preparing documents for various parties, participating in valuation development and analysis, managing some consulting projects or smaller deals will also be required.
- Assists in planning the approach and writing sections of the selling document, including the outline, format and presentation. May be involved in writing other areas, including investment highlights, business description, and industry and growth opportunities.
- Conducts and edits buyer research information received from Analysts; ensures data is complete, verified, synthesized, analyzed and May be involved in completing some research independent of Analysts. Creates and populates the database of targeted clients. Ensures collateral materials are sent to potential clients. Initiates some calls and correspondence to interested buyers; completes necessary follow-up.
- Assists in the preparation and review of valuation analysis to ensure information is accurate (historical data, formulas) and assists in the preparation of more complicated models. Performs stress tests around assumptions.
- Acts as a point person for information requests from client; participates in negotiations of confidentiality agreements and other documents used in the transaction. Develops presentation content for management review and may present at meeting; fields phone calls and emails from clients, attorneys and other individuals involved in transaction process. Responsible for "client ready" deliverables.
- Creates and provides market research and materials about PMCF.
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High level business writing skills, including grammar, style and presentation to develop effective documents
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Articulate and creative, offering practical solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Solid understanding of financial modeling and the valuation process with the ability to review and edit models created by other staff
- Awareness of developments in financial and business markets
- Demonstrated academic and professional achievement
- Strong attitude for team orientation
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ingenuity and resourcefulness
- Decisive, persistent, result-oriented, self-starter
- Maintains high standards
- Conscientious and steady
- Defines, clarifies, gets information and tests
- Logical, fact-based and organized thinker
Education / Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years work experience in investment banking or finance related field
We strive to attract the best and brightest people: those that reflect the diversity of the clients we serve and hope to attract. To that end, we offer a number of great benefits, including the choice of several different health care benefit plans and dental and vision coverage. Other benefits include:
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and Optional Life Coverage
- 401(k) Tax Savings Plan and Matching Contribution
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Athletic Reimbursement Program
- Generous Paid-Time-Off Policy
We thank all who express interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC, an affiliate of Plante & Moran, PLLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status, or status within any other protected group.
Back to top