Institutional Advisor - Intern (20122793)
Make your mark. Having roots in one of the nation's largest and most well-respected audit, tax, and advisory firms, Plante Moran Wealth Management proudly serves as a trusted advisor to individuals, families, nonprofits, and retirement plan sponsors, providing comprehensive financial solutions in the areas of investment advisory, trust, tax, and insurance. With $12.8 billion in assets under management as of March 2017, and a total $17 billion in assets advised on, we have over 250 professionals dedicated to delivering holistic, independent, and objective financial guidance with the highest level of quality, integrity, and excellence.
Forget about getting coffee and making copies. As an intern, you'll be treated just like our entry level staff. You'll dive in with hands-on experience and substantial scope to drive the wealth and profitability of key clients. You'll identify what you're interested in while collaborating with staff at all levels of the firm and welcoming organizations into your client repertoire. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with development of short-term and long-term objectives and goals for client's 401(k) program
- Preparing analysis of prospective 401(k) client opportunities including observations on plan documents, investment lineup and performance, asset allocation, and fees
- Monitoring client investment lineups and generating performance reports
- Analyzing plan provisions such as eligibility, vesting, employer contributions, distribution options and identifying opportunities to improve plan design
- Evaluating cost structures of corporate retirement plans and benchmarking plan related costs and services
- Interacting with third party administrators and other service providers to service client
- Reviewing economic information; new government legislation; financial periodicals and newspapers and applying them to the practice
- Interpreting data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends of investments
- Preparing reports, including charts and graphs, to illustrate trends, future payoffs, and possible risks of various investment opportunities
- Computing, measuring and tracking client portfolio performance, including reviewing performance reports
- Monitoring client portfolios in accordance with market developments and presenting investment recommendations to Relationship Managers
- Prepare and participate in new client proposals. This will include an active role in development of new client targets, and internal cross serving opportunities.
- Detail-oriented leader with strong analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, economics, accounting or related field.
- Academic success (a minimum major GPA of 3.25).
- Internship experience at a brokerage, financial planning firm/practice or money management firm is preferred.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" and "100 Best Companies for Millennials". Vault.com has ranked us at #7 on their annual "Best Accounting Firms to Work for" list which included the #1 spot in 11 "quality of life" categories. We have been recognized on Forbes "Top 50 Wealth Managers" list and honored as the fifteenth largest independent financial advisory firm based on assets under management, according to Financial Advisor magazine. At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is a non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top