Global Mobility Tax Manager (20122826)
Global Mobility Tax Manager
From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop relationships with international member firms to develop and deliver global programs
- Take on a leadership role in growing this practice, leveraging your technical expertise to work with our clients in administering their international assignment programs and globality teams.
- Develop and implement strategic planning solutions for small to mid-size global mobility programs;
- Manage expatriate and inpatriate tax compliance and assignment related calculations
- Conduct/review research on various topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/application, regulatory issues, and payroll matters;
- Prepare/review necessary communications, e.g. memos, summaries, returns;
- Attract, develop and retain staff for the International Assignment Solutions (IAS) practice;
- Leadership role in compliance execution and coordination; and
- Opportunity to interact with tax engagement team as part of client entrenchment.
Consult with clients to:
- Develop their team's understanding of US and foreign tax, compensation and payroll issues and proactively explain implications of recent law changes;
- Assist with program administration (piecemeal or full outsourcing); and
- Advise on employee compensation, including foreign payroll issues, international implications of equity plans, etc.
- 8+ years recent experience in public accounting, specializing in expat tax;
- Demonstrated skills in the areas identified in the position highlights summary; and
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA preferred. In lieu of CPA an EA or JD is required
- Position may be filled as a Manager or Sr. Manager based on experience level.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Southeast Michigan, West Michigan, or Chicago area or be willing to relocate to these areas for this opportunity.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top