Family Office Bill Pay Specialist
Make your mark. With more than $14.3 billion of assets under management, Plante Moran's Wealth Management Team serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,400 high net worth individuals, family business owners, and corporate retirement plans helping them build, manage and preserve their wealth. Our integrated affiliate services include investment consulting, financial planning, trust, insurance consulting, estate planning, business succession, and tax planning.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform and monitor most aspects of daily Bill Pay administration for Trust Officer's book of business
- Keep Trust Officer informed of account activity which impact overall service delivery and quality
- Create and Maintain extensive follow-up/tickler and filing system. Review daily tickler report for all of their accounts, and keep an eye on the status of ticklers assigned to the Trust Officer
- Verify and follow through on account funding issues to ensure sufficient cash for ongoing payment of bills
- Manage and Monitor day-to-day transactions. Cash management
- Maintain account master (synoptic/account characteristics) for appropriate client statement addresses; principal/income accounting if applicable; fee collection; tax form setup and preparation; all other data integrity items
- Account opening/closing process
- First line of communication with clients on distribution/payment and cash needs requests and other matters
- Communicate with legal and tax advisors when necessary
- Prepare monthly or quarterly bill pay reports that are detailed, accurate and consistent from one period to the next using trust accounting system, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel
- Work on process improvement and institutionalize practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance and efficient procedures consistent with PMT policies. Provide input for ongoing process improvements.
- Research and review complex administrative issues to solve problems and support decision-making.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years Trust Administration/Operations/Banking Industry experience
- MS Word, Excel skills essential; MOS Certification preferred
- This position may require some local travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." We have been recognized on Forbes "Top 50 Wealth Managers" list and honored as the fifteenth largest independent financial advisory firm based on assets under management, according to Financial Advisor magazine. At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is a non-exempt position, and you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top