Enterprise Risk Services Senior Consultant (20122669)
Enterprise Risk Services Senior Consultant
If you are looking for a JOB, try another firm. We ONLY offer CAREERS.
Plante Moran is one of the largest public accounting and management consulting firms in the nation, and is honored to be consistently recognized as one of the nation's "100 Best Companies To Work For" by FORTUNE magazine. We think what makes a great Firm is its people and we strive to provide unsurpassed opportunity and an unequaled culture to talented, self-motivated individuals who have a passion to serve and a hunger to thrive. We have a 'relatively jerk-free' policy here at Plante Moran which makes us different. It makes us better. It helps us thrive.
Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From Enterprise Risk Services to Information Technology and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Our Internal Audit team members help clients address financial, operational and strategic risk. Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal controls, developing internal audit plans, and providing internal audit services on a co-sourcing or outsourcing basis. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest tools and leading practices.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Assess the effectiveness of our client's internal controls. Monitor progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Performs (as part of a team) internal audits for a variety of engagements, including compliance, financial and operational audits, Enterprise Risk Management, Quality Assurance Review, SOX, and JSOX Compliance
- Provide reporting assistance and analysis for engagements: Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources; Participates in client meeting and site visits while interacting with top-level management to acquire and assess important information for the engagement. Identify key risks and mitigating activities
- Conduct statistical analyses to quantify risk, using statistical analysis software and econometric models
- Develop and implement risk-assessment models and methodologies
- Assists in developing client presentations, outline of findings, explain risk positions
- Effectively executes individual project tasks, with some focus on overall project objectives
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field is required. CIA or CPA designation is preferred but not required
- 3-6 years of recent or current experience in an audit practice or the risk management practice of a public accounting firm or technical consulting, client serving experience is a plus
- Proven skills with Microsoft Project, MS Office (especially Power Point & Excel), MS Visio
- Ability to coordinate information flow with multiple sources (Management, Partnership, team, staff, etc.)
- Strong management and supervision abilities; strong facilitation skills
- Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 50% overnight travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top