End User Computing Technical Lead
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. We are excited to expand our Rapid Application Development team to enable us to do even more for our clients and our staff. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about software development and solving business problems with state-of-the-art technology solutions.
The Plante Moran Technology Services team has been recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and 2019 and won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you. Join our award winning technology team, and grow your career!
- Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing technical leadership for the End User Computing Team, including coaching, mentoring, directing, reviewing work of other team members, and setting appropriate expectations.
- Responsible for the software deployments, application packaging, scripting, operating systems, and security for end user computing devices, including laptops, desktops and mobile devices in a highly-mobile environment.
- Develop roadmaps, documentation, and takes ownership for various end user computing solutions (hardware, operating systems, Microsoft Office, SCCM, Microsoft Intune, etc.).
- Develop and maintain login scripts, utility scripts, and other tools using PowerShell, VBS, and other relevant programming languages.
- Develops and utilizes appropriate source control process for scripting and software packaging
- Ensures solutions are appropriately tested and documented prior to deployment
- Manage and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Provide 3rd level support for end user computing devices and software.
- Accountable for capacity planning and yearly budgeting.
- Involvement in project work including project management, selection, recommendation, design, testing, and implementation of various solutions.
- As needed participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or related major is preferred
- 7+ years of PC hardware, software deployment, operating system deployment and administration experience
- Expert PowerShell, automation, and scripting skills
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office deployment experience
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy experience
- This position may require occasional local and national travel.
- Knowledge of the following is not required, but will help you stand out:
- Mobile Device Management (MDM), including Microsoft Intune
- Servicing strategies for Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
- Azure AD Conditional Access
Back to top