Employee Benefits Consulting Manager - Retirement & Executive Compensation
- Detroit, MI
Make your mark. Our employee benefits consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From strategy to plan design and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
· Manage qualified retirement plan design and compliance as well as executive compensation engagements.
· Develop innovative and strategic ideas to identify and solve prospects' and clients' benefits needs and issues.
· Assume a mentorship role on the team and be a key to future leadership by building strong client relationships and promoting all areas of employee benefits consulting and compliance.
· Build and develop new client business and cultivate new business within the existing client base.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Juris doctor or advanced degree in tax or human resources preferred.
· 7+ years of relevant experience required, including experience with accounting, consulting or law firms serving the middle market, or in-house benefits and/or compensation experience.
· Solid working knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of plan design of qualified and nonqualified plans. Demonstrated expertise in some or all of Code Sections 409A, 3121(v), 457, 280G, 162(m), 4960, 401(a), 401(k), and 403(b) required.
· Desire to build and cultivate new client business. Experience with business development preferred, but not required.
· Position may be filled as a manager or senior manager based on applicable experience.
· Qualified individuals must reside in or near the Metro Detroit or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity; Limited travel throughout our geographic footprint. Position will require hours that exceed a standard 40 hour workweek.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top