Data Engineer, Business Intelligence and Analytics
From day one, experience our difference. The Plante Moran Technology Services team is recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and has won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. Our team was also a past award winner for InformationWeek IT Excellence in 2012 and 2013. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you!
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Implementation, maintenance and support of data storage, movement and integration between solutions including:
- Designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting end-to-end ETL solutions
- Maintaining the security, quality and integrity of data in ETL solutions
- Creation and execution of test plans for ETL and data integration solutions
- Monitoring ETL jobs to verify execution, maintain performance and resolve data integration issues as they arise
- Design and execute data archival and purging strategies
- Work with Data Architects and Solution Architects to:
- Implement, maintain and support conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Establish, implement and uphold data integration standards and methodologies
- Implement, maintain and support data marts and the enterprise data warehouse system
- Implement, maintain and support the data quality, data catalog and master data management initiatives
- Participate in strategic and tactical architecture direction
- Oversee and work with Database and System Administrators to establish and enforce best practices for availability, performance, and data security
- Proactively design support activities around data integration; such as on-going data validation and performance tuning
- Participate in code and design review to ensure alignment to standards and best practices
- Review existing data structures and recommend optimizations and redesigns as warranted
- Work with Data Analysts, Data Stewards and Report Writers to:
- Design, implement, maintain and support semantic layers, data marts and tools that enable creation of reports and dashboards for firm-wide and self-service use cases
- Mentor and train on the appropriate usage of data marts, enterprise data warehouse and other data sources used in reporting and analytics
- Mentor and train on appropriate uses for tools for ETL, reporting and visualization use cases
- Coordinate promote to production activities to publish reports and dashboards from business units to production deployments when deemed appropriate
- Develop, implement, maintain and support reporting, dashboards and analytical solutions
- Design, develop, maintain and support Machine Learning technologies, algorithms and models in support of business initiatives including:
- Determine the appropriate algorithms to solve a given problem through testing, analysis, and validation with the business
- Data exploration and visualization to understand and define features for a given data set
- Data model training and tuning to reduce errors and increase reliability and accuracy
- Participate in innovation forums to identify new ways to leverage data to solve business issues
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business, Math or related field is required
- At least 5+ years of experience in developing and supporting BI / Data Analytics technology platforms (e.g., data warehouses or similar big data management solutions)
- Demonstrated experience planning, designing and delivering end-to-end BI/data analytics solutions
- Full life-cycle development and maintenance leadership for data warehouse, ETL (extract, transform, load), and business intelligence solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive business conclusions and stories from data analysis and proven project management skills
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top