Data Analytics Staff - Intern
Make your mark. The Plante Moran Analytics Center of Excellence (PMACOE) delivers actionable insights to help our clients resolve critical business challenges and analyze strategic business opportunities. Located in Southfield, MI, our data analysts are responsible for delivering end-to-end analytics services from data ingestion, analysis, and visualization to documenting insights and recommendations in client deliverables and presentations.
Forget about getting coffee and making copies. As an intern, you'll be treated just like our entry level staff. You'll help instill confidence in organizations large and small by assuring the integrity behind the data analytics. We'll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Meeting with clients to understand their business issues and developing impactful data-driven solutions
- Supporting advanced data analytics solutions for cross-functional engagement teams who serve diverse industries
- Delivering end-to-end analytics services from data ingestion, modeling, and visualization to documenting insights and recommendations in client deliverables and presentations
- Leveraging your analytics education to synthesize complex data into actionable recommendations for our clients
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, economics statistics, data science, or a related field.
- Academic success (a minimum major GPA of 3.25).
- Experience engineering raw data to support statistical analysis and visualization.
- Ability to concisely express complex data analytics results in a client's business context.
- Proficiency using data analytics tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau or comparable programs desired.
- Experience with statistical programming and predictive modelling to answer real-world business questions.
- Experience developing interactive dashboards and compelling data visualizations is preferred.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," "100 Best Companies for Millennials" and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
This is a non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Job Location Southfield, Michigan, United States Position Type Intern
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top