Cost Segregation Staff/Construction Estimator (20122799)
Cost Segregation / Construction Estimator - Staff
From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide detailed cost analysis of commercial/industrial building projects in excess of $1,000,000.
- Perform quantity takeoffs from construction documents and physical site inspections
- Analyze construction cost data and design drawings
- Coordinate and collect information from building owners, architects, engineers an contractors
- Estimate construction costs using nationally recognized costing sources
- Assist with new client identification and cost segregation study proposals
- Project coordination with internal tax preparation team regarding project status, results, and planning opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in Construction or Civil Engineering
- 1-4 years recent experience in public accounting, or commercial construction industry. Estimating experience is required.
- Focus efforts on key client staff to effectively meet and exceed the client needs/expectations
- Enjoy complex and challenging project work and willing to work on a variety of strategic, financial, and operational projects
- Principles of supervision and project management
- Qualified individuals must either reside near a Plante Moran office or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 5-10% overnight travel. This position may require some local and national.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top