Cost Segregation Engineer - Intern (20122913)
Make your mark. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities throughout your internship to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Forget about getting coffee and making copies. As an intern, you'll be treated just like our entry level staff. You'll help instill confidence in organizations large and small by assuring their financial health. We'll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform cost segregation studies of facilities in a range of industries and conduct site inspections, if needed
- Develop experience in leading construction software
- Conduct estimation of real and personal property building components
- Perform detailed cost estimates in all divisions
- Reconcile construction cost data to client accounting data
- Perform digital quantity takeoffs
- Analyze construction cost information and construction drawings
- Research specific technical issues
- Working directly with clients, identify and resolve issues as they emerge
- Developing relationships with clients and staff, including involvement in networking and business development activities
- Detail-oriented leader with problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Strong estimating skills
- Understanding of Legal Construction Documentation
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, accounting or related area
- Academic success (a minimum major GPA of 3.25)
- Preferably, have completed one entry-level accounting course and an estimating class
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," "100 Best Companies for Millennials" and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is a non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top