Consulting Manager - Healthcare Reimbursement (Post-Acute)
Make your mark. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From strategy to operations and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead and manage strategic engagements focused on preparation and analysis of Medicaid and Medicare cost reports for post-acute clients (Skilled Nursing; Home Health Agencies; Rehab Facilities and Long-Term Care Hospitals)
- Prepare, review and analyze Medicare and Medicaid cost reports in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Analyze client financial and operating data in order to identify opportunities to optimize reimbursement rates for clients
- Consult with clients on strategic and operational decisions based on reimbursement implications
- Conduct analysis of client financial performance under managed care contracts
- Assist clients with financial analysis related to changes in third-party payor reimbursement regulations and new models of care
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Staff Auditors and cost report preparers
- Build and manage client relationships, including practice development activities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. 150 credit hours or Masters in Accounting (or Taxation) is highly preferred. CPA is a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare reimbursement including Medicare, Medicaid and cost reporting
- Strong background in accounting and financial analysis, with the ability to identify variances and identify opportunities to improve processes & procedures
- Previous experience with new payment models a plus
- Proficient technical skills, including those required to be proficient with financial accounting and reporting systems and MS Office
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality and effectively communicate with client personnel
- Staff members will be required to have updated immunizations to work onsite at healthcare client sites
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Qualified individuals must either reside in the Chicago, Illinois area or be willing to relocate for this opportunity
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top