Consultant - Financial Planning & Restructuring
- Southfield, MI
Make your mark. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients' critical business needs. From strategy to operations and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with financial and operational assessments of clients
- Develop 13 week cash flow forecasts and monthly integrated financial forecasts
- Analyze financial statements to identify unusual trends and relationships; assist in the identification of root causes of under-performance; work with the team to determine changes needed to support long term sustainable solutions
- Participate in client meetings and site visits while interacting with top-level management to acquire and assess important information for financial analysis
- Interact with other practice areas including but not limited to audit, tax, and other management consulting service groups
- Support practice development efforts
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field is required
- CPA designation is preferred but not required
- One year or more of recent or current experience in an audit practice of a public accounting firm, consulting practice, or internal corporate accounting / financial work
- Technology skills required to work with firm systems, including: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Frequent travel throughout the U.S., with approximately 30% - 50% overnight travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top