Community Tax Practice Leader
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Community Tax Practice . The Community Tax Practice is a growing department in which the purpose is to appropriately serve smaller, less complex clients in a way that's most beneficial to both the firm and our clients.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the annual tax compliance for business and individual clients including planning, scheduling, projections, extensions, responses to tax notices, research, drafting client memorandum, calculating quarterly estimated payments, and billing
- Review and sign tax returns for S-corporations, C-corporations, Partnerships, and individuals for accuracy and identification of tax saving opportunities and tax exposures
- Supervising and training of staff and interns assigned to these engagements
- Demonstrate ownership over the status of all assigned projects to ensure all client delivery and statutory filing deadlines are met
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA or Bar License required
- 10+ years of recent tax compliance experience is required; experience in public accounting is preferred
- Experience with S-corporations, C-corporations, Partnerships, and Individual taxation is required
- Experience with Fiduciary, Estate and Gift, and Not-For-Profit tax returns, including private foundations, is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated leadership skills within an organization
- Experience with routine accounting assistance is preferred but not required
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity
- This position has the opportunity for flexible scheduling around peak times of the year including opportunities to work remotely
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top