Client Relationship Manager - Group Benefits Advisory
Make your mark. Plante Moran Group Benefits Advisors II (PMGBA II), an affiliated entity of Plante & Moran, PLLC (PM), provides consulting and brokerage services to help clients create cost effective, sustainable employee health and welfare benefit plans, and attract and retain talent. Our rapid growth and increasing demands for our services has created a need for a highly motivated individual to join PMGBA II as a Client Relationship Manager in our Auburn Hills office .
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Client relationship management and team leadership responsibilities for all assigned client sponsored group benefit plans including:
- Employee open enrollment and communications
- Leading/conducting underwriting & pricing analytics with staff through data collection from carriers/TPAs for use in employer plan analytics
- Leadership on all state, federal, and local compliance affecting benefit plan operation
- Managing full-scope of client relationship, new client sales, and client profitability
- Areas of focus include business development, client relationship management, practice development and leadership and service delivery
- Contributes to staff development through coaching, mentoring, and/or supervising
- Actively lead/participate in practice development / business development for new and existing clients
- Contributes to though leadership, such as developing more efficient methods to support client plan management, process improvement, etc.
- College degree required; Professional degree and/or related certification highly preferred (such as CEBS, ASA, FSA)
- 5 or more years of demonstrated expertise in the design, funding, administration and compliance aspects of health care plans to include all or a combination of: health & welfare, managed care, wellness and disease management, consumerism, and consumer-driven strategies and programs. Ability to align a client's business strategy objectives with employer and employee needs for comprehensive and cost effective health & welfare benefit plans
- Consulting experience with demonstrated success in significant business development, practice development, client relationship, and leadership skills as required
- Demonstrated ability to identify and create new business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Strong understanding of group insurance agent/broker, carrier, and/or third party administrator, and stop-loss market
- Industry Experience in one or more of the following: Manufacturing & Distribution, Professional Service Firms, Public and Private k-12 Education, Hospitals, and Governmental employers
- staff and clients. Proficiency in working with Microsoft tools such as; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
See Inside the Office of Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the U.S.’ largest certified public accounting, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. With 23 offices throughout Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio—and international offices in Shanghai, Monterrey, and Mumbai—Plante Moran helps clients focus on and prepare for the future through a combination of industry expertise, individualized attention, and client service, with a staff committed to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Back to top