Audit or Tax Professional - Japanese Business Services
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career. Audit/Tax professionals will participate in many phases of an audit and/or with tax compliance and various projects relative to assigned client engagements.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
At the Staff level:
- In audit, professionals will be planning, controlling analysis and testing, handling substantive procedures, identifying and assisting in the resolution of client issues, and reporting. By conducting objective diagnostic tests and analytical reviews, the auditor is responsible for the verification of a company's financial records by following Generally Accepted Auditing Principles.
- In tax, there will be preparation and/or review of corporate, partnership, and individual income tax returns; tax research and preparation of client memorandums; and preparation of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments.
At the In-Charge (Senior) level, you will also have responsibility for:
- Developing relationships with clients and staff, including involvement in networking and business development activities.
- Assisting managers in developing ideas to help clients with operational and control opportunities or tax liabilities/exposures, client presentations and selling opportunities.
- Managing actual time in relation to the engagement budget.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters degree preferred
- CPA required - For anyone with less than 18 months of experience, you must have:
- Completed the required 150 credit hours for CPA certification; and
- Be willing to obtain the CPA within a defined period of time
- 2-5 years of recent public accounting experience
- 1+ years working with Japanese businesses (client, employer or vendor relationships)
- Fluent in Japanese and English - written and verbal
- Position may be filled as a staff or in-charge based on transferable experience
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicago, Columbus, Auburn Hills, or East Lansing areas or be willing to relocate to the areas for this opportunity. This position may require some local and occasional national travel.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top