Audit Manager - Not for Profit
- Chicago, IL
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Apply your understanding of audit theories and procedures on client engagements to perform audit procedures on assigned audit areas, and identify and resolve client audit issues.
- Review staff work product while providing constructive feedback and identifying staff developmental needs.
- Assist managers in developing ideas to help clients with operational and control opportunities, client presentations and selling opportunities.
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development and client expansion activities.
- 6+ years of recent, related Audit experience in public accounting.
- Specialization with clients operating as not for profit entities is required; other public sector audit experience, including governmental and/or higher education is a plus.
- Successful experience supervising and mentoring staff on engagements and managing client relationships/engagements.
- Understanding of Accounting Principles Generally Accepted in the United States especially those that are not-for-profit industry specific.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- CPA required.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicago or Schaumburg areas or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
- Position may be filled as a Manager or Senior Manager based on applicable experience.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top