Application Systems Analyst
If you are looking for a JOB, try another firm. We ONLY offer CAREERS.
Make your mark . The Plante Moran Technology Services team is recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018 and has won two prestigious awards in 2017 : InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100 . Our team was also a past award winner for InformationWeek IT Excellence in 2012 and 2013. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you!
Plante Moran is one of the largest public accounting and management consulting firms in the nation, and is honored to be consistently recognized as one of the nation's "100 Best Companies To Work For" by FORTUNE magazine. We think what makes a great Firm is its people and we strive to provide unsurpassed opportunity and an unequaled culture to talented, self-motivated individuals who have a passion to serve and a hunger to thrive. We have a 'relatively jerk-free' policy here at Plante Moran which makes us different. It makes us better. It helps us thrive.
The Application Systems Analyst ensures system availability and stability by administering and maintaining assigned applications used to support Firm operations. The Application Analyst will also assist with resolving technical support tickets, diagnose and analyze problems, coordinate with other teams to develop system enhancements/functionality, and provide day-to-day project management for application-related initiatives and deliver training. In this highly visible position, you will have the opportunity to develop technical solutions, integrate supporting technologies and manage the solution life cycle. This role works closely with the Infrastructure, Application Development, and Security teams to release application upgrades and other necessary system changes.
Your Role :
- Manage and resolve technical support incidents including application, data integrity, integrations, workflow, and performance
- Act as a liaison between the development/project team and third parties regarding the design, build and delivery of a solution throughout the project and/or application development life cycle
- Work cross-functionally with Project Managers, Solution Architects, Application Developers and Network Engineers to analyze, document and propose technical solutions.
- Provide guidance to development leads for system changes and enhancements
- Perform research on technologies and approaches critical to the overall system architecture
- Stay current with application releases and provide new functionalities and solutions as needed
- Serves as a liaison between the firm and the software vendor and manages the successful resolution of support cases with the vendor
- Perform application administrator functions such as permissions, data rules, activation of new features, licenses and storage capacity
- Design and execute test scenarios and test scripts, including the coordination of project and user staff in the execution of the test plan
- Manage solution roadmaps and work closely with the other teams to implement system upgrades and solution enhancements, ensuring efforts are aligned with broader strategic priorities of the Firm and best practices are leveraged
- Proactively identify process improvement and enablement opportunities including analyzing business processes and translating them into system requirements
- Manage and maintain third party apps and make recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies
- Lead implementations to the Production environment and provide appropriate release documentation
- Maintain documentation of systems architecture and security. Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies and application configuration
The qualifications .
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree is required
- Position Requirements:
- IT experience as an Application Analyst
- Experience in application implementation including design, build, test, and deployment
- Working knowledge of various database structures, file systems, and hardware environments
- Extensive skill and ability in supporting and maintaining an application environment
- Extensive experience analyzing and documenting system flows, hardware requirements, and software requirements
- Ability to support and work in a project development and support environment with ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly.
- Previous experience accurately estimating timelines for projects
- CaseWare application experience is desired
- Possess an analytical mind and ability to delve into detail, but also have an interest in broader business issues
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility, be self-governing, be proactive and responsible for accomplishment
- Ability to deliver results while working through others
- Must be proficient in stakeholder management; managing diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of the organization gaining buy-in from them for the recommended path forward
- Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes
- Excellent analytical ability and strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to organize facts and present recommendations in a clear, concise, and logical manner orally and in writing
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- s needs and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team as well as independently
- Ability to lead technical projects and manage deliverables
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For ." At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively "jerk-free" culture with the lowest staf f turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now . Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Back to top