Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
- San Francisco, CA
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
As a key member of the marketing team, Planet is recruiting for a metrics and process driven Marketing operations professional to lead the charge on helping our marketing team monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives as they relate to the overall company's goals. This person will work closely across the organization to ensure we are aligned across our end-to-end lead to pipeline funnel (from marketing sourced through to sales pipeline/closed won). This professional will also help forecast the goals and targets needed to continue our strong lead and pipeline growth, assess the overall quality of the marketing lead funnel, as well measure and monitor our brand and awareness goals, such as website visits, conversion rates, and cost/lead goals. This role will also measure the marketing influence pipeline across direct and our indirect sales channels.
As a marketing operations senior manager, you will work to create scalable processes that ensure best practices in lead generation and database management. You will also conduct complex data analyses that will be used to inform strategic decisions by stakeholders from across the company. You will be working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation system - Marketo, SFDC, Google Analytics, Intercom, etc.) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Collaborate with the marketing team as well as sales operations to analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database
- Work closely with Corporate Engineering on system integration and design implementation
- Ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise from various business partners relating to data errors, system workflow gaps and platform inconsistencies
- Evaluate the marketing end-to-end lead process and recommend new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize conversion rates and overall marketing team performance
What You Bring:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience, with at least 5 years experience in a marketing operations, finance, or sales operations related role.
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Google Sheet/Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Marketo, Google Analytics and SFDC and integrating those systems with other technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- (Bonus Not Required) - Knowledge with the Segment platform, MixPanel and/or LeanData
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Back to top