Software Engineer, Visual Discovery
The Pinterest Visual Search team, which is responsible for building novel visual discovery experiences such as the recently announced Lens, is looking for an experienced machine learning engineer with a specialization in deep learning for images. You will help us develop the core ranking algorithm for our search systems, and utilize state of the art deep learning methods to extract rich and transferable features to build the world's first general-purpose visual search engine.
What you'll do:
- Apply the latest advances in deep learning and computer vision to improve visual search quality and result ranking
- Impact hundreds of millions of users by building technology powering the next generation of visual discovery products, such as Pinterest Lens and Visual Search
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of user research, experimentation, and product launches
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about visual search and applied computer vision problems
- 3+ years experience applying deep learning methods in settings like transfer learning with visual embeddings, object detection, classification, and fine-grained recognition
- Industry experience in deploying ML/DL models into production (familiarity with scalability/latency/portability concerns, experience with experimentation and hyperparameter tuning)
- Experience with learning from ranking labels (i.e. triplet learning, metric learning, etc.) and deploying ranking models (i.e. learn-to-rank)
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top