Software Engineer, Video & Image Platform
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will help build the next generation of video and image-processing platform powering 150M+ active users on Pinterest and serving tens of billions of media assets each day. Our team works on range of video-related problems, such as large scale ingestion and content delivery, automated visual quality evaluation, size optimization, and content analysis. We enable other teams to build machine learning-based products like Lens while optimizing content for SEO needs.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement services powering video and image platform.
- Work closely with product, partner, and business teams to identify new requirements for the platform.
- Optimize video and images, scaling the platform, deepening understanding of our media corpus and empowering other teams to release video-powered products.
- Work with domain experts who are passionate about video and images to help drive Pinterest's video strategy.
What we're looking for:
- Experience building large-scale systems; systems that process and serve video or image content a plus
- Experience building distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Java, OOP and enterprise design patterns.
- Experience in Computer Science or closely related field.
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top