Software Engineer, Topics Quality
Matching users with the topics they are interested in and powering those topics with amazing content in the form of pins and boards are crucial when onboarding new users to Pinterest and engaging Pinners everyday. We're looking for strong engineers to join forces with us to bring topics quality to the next level. You'll have the opportunity to directly impact Pinners' experiences by applying large scale data mining and machine learning over 50 billion Pins across 1 billion boards.
What you'll do:
- Use data mining and machine learning techniques to drive topics quality to ensure that the content is highly relevant to the topics and engaging to users
- Design and build machine learning systems that process and classifies Internet-scale content
- Run experiments to confirm hypotheses to improve key quality metrics
- Develop processes to effectively evaluate data quality and impact on Pinner experiences
- Use Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark) for building large scale data processing pipelines
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expertise in data mining and machine learning
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce/Hadoop and/or distributed systems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top