Software Engineer, Shopping Infrastructure
Pinterest is focusing on improving its support for shopping and product discovery. You'll work with a group of very talented engineers to create personalized shopping experiences for hundreds of millions users. You'll build hands on experiences on start-of-art data mining pipelines, indexing systems, search engines, recommendation systems and ranking systems.
What you'll do:
- Own, improve, and scale the content ingestion system that bring hundreds of millions of products to Pinterest every day.
- Improve the scalability, efficiency, performance, and reliability of our indexing and serving systems.
- Build and own the data mining and reporting pipelines.
What we're looking for:
- Solid experience with object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Expertise on building large scale indexing and serving systems for search, recommendation or ads.
- Strong ability to work cross functionally with product, infra, and ads teams.
- Experience in data mining/machine learning will be desirable.
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top