Software Engineer, Serving Systems
The Serving Systems team is responsible for online systems which serve many of our core datasets with complex computation applied in real-time. We care deeply about building distributed systems which are highly available, reliable, and can deliver high throughput with low latency while being highly efficient. This team plays a vital role in building the next generation infrastructure to power more real-time and personalized discovery experiences on Pinterest.
What you'll do:
- Build, own, and improve innovative, high-throughput, low-latency serving systems which co-locate computation with storage
- Contribute to open source technologies like RocksDB, HDFS
- Continually improve operability, scalability, efficiency, performance and reliability of core serving systems at Pinterest
What we're looking for:
- Deep expertise building distributed systems that co-locate computation with storage at consumer Internet scale
- Deep expertise on distributed storage and caching systems
- Strong ability to work cross functionally with product teams and other infrastructure teams
- Fluent in C/C++, Java and/or Python
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top