Software Engineer, Service Framework
The Cloud Management Platform team provides a foundation of SOA (service oriented architecture) by owning open-source based RPC frameworks for several programming languages, as well as in-house implementation of key common features such as service discovery, dynamic configurations, rate limiting, and log archiving. As an engineer on the CMP team, you'll solve problems around RPC standardization, performance and dev workflow velocity, resource efficiency optimization, and micro service related framework and tooling.
What you'll do:
- Build critical services and tools to help developers build scalable, high-performance micro-services with high productivity
- Standardize RPC practice and advocate best approaches across the company
- Optimize existing systems/services to improve performance and efficiency
- Work with service developers closely to understand their new requirements and address them in a scalable and language-agnostic way
- Be an active participant of the open-source community, working with and building state-of-the-art RPC related framework and tooling
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working with RPC framework-related development
- Rich experience on building highly scalable, highly available distributed services
- Experience with C++
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top