Software Engineer, Search Tools
Pinterest search serves hundreds of millions of users and generates huge amounts of data every day. We're looking for someone to help build tools to navigate through the data and develop metrics and analytics to help measure the products quality. You'll work full-stack and apply a wide spectrum of technologies such as hadoop workflow, UI design and development, and performance tuning.
What you will do:
- Work with data scientists to design, develop, and maintain top line product metrics
- Develop and maintain human evaluation tools and UI to gather quality judgements and enable analysis
- Understand search technology and build tools to help deeply analyze search quality, search features, and related product considerations
What we are looking for:
- Experience with python, java, or c++
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, and Big Data technologies
- Experience with UI tech stack and Web Application Development
- Desire to develop internal tools to visual core signals and data, as well as enable session level understanding
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top