Software Engineer, Search Tools
Pinterest search serves hundreds of millions of users and generates huge amounts of data every day. We're looking for someone to help build tools to navigate through the data and develop metrics and analytics to help measure the products quality. You'll work full-stack and apply a wide spectrum of technologies such as hadoop workflow, UI design and development, and performance tuning.
What you will do:
- Work with data scientists to design, develop, and maintain top line product metrics
- Develop and maintain human evaluation tools and UI to gather quality judgements and enable analysis
- Understand search technology and build tools to help deeply analyze search quality, search features, and related product considerations
What we are looking for:
- Experience with python, java, or c++
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, and Big Data technologies
- Experience with UI tech stack and Web Application Development
- Desire to develop internal tools to visual core signals and data, as well as enable session level understanding
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top