Software Engineer, Search Quality Tech Lead
The Search Team helps Pinners explore and find things they love through a unique visual search experience that spans answers and inspiration. Search quality is key to the success of Pinterest Search. We're looking for a technical lead to guide the ranking and quality team by laying out product vision, building advanced search technology using both text and visual signals, as well as focusing on the special circumstances of the Pinterest specific search use case.
What you'll do:
- Tech lead on all aspects of the search problem space such as topicality/relevance, page quality, image quality, overall ranking, query understanding, guided search, and image content understanding
- Build models and develop ranking features for 150 million monthly users
- Build a search product that keeps Pinners engaged with great personalized content
- Mentor a group of highly motivated engineers with strong industry experience
What we're looking for:
- Technical expertise in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Natural Language Processing
- 8+ years of experience working on large scale internet search applications
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading/etc)
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top