Software Engineer, Search Quality
Pinterest is a fast growing platform that helps people discover ideas for their daily life. The Search
Team at Pinterest helps Pinners explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search
experience that spans answers and inspiration. Search quality is key to the success of Pinterest
Search, and we're looking for a software engineer to build advanced search technology using both text and visual signals as well as focusing on the special circumstances of the Pinterest specific search use case.
- Be able to work on all aspects of the search problem such as topicality/relevance, page quality, image quality, overall ranking, query understanding, guided search, image content understanding, etc.
- Build models or develop ranking features for 150 million monthly users
- Build a search product that keeps Pinners engaged with great personalized content
- BS in computer science or equivalent degrees with at least 4 years working experience
- Technical background in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Natural Language Processing
- Experience on working on large scale internet applications
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, C, Python)
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading etc)
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top