Software Engineer, Search Features
Pinterest is a fast growing platform that helps people discover ideas for their daily life. You'll join the Search Quality team to help users explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience that spans answers and inspiration. We're working on all kinds of challenges to connect our 200M+ pinners with our high quality content thru pins, pinners, and boards.
What you'll do:
- Work on all aspects of the search problem such as topicality/relevance, query understanding, ranking, and social context
- Build models to help users find authoritative content from pinners or boards
- Build search features that keep Pinners engaged with personalized and diversified content
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Technical background in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Natural Language Processing
- Experience working on large scale internet applications
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, C, Python)
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading etc)
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top