Software Engineer, Search Features
Pinterest is a fast growing platform that helps people discover ideas for their daily life. You'll join the Search Quality team to help users explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience that spans answers and inspiration. We're working on all kinds of challenges to connect our 200M+ pinners with our high quality content thru pins, pinners, and boards.
What you'll do:
- Work on all aspects of the search problem such as topicality/relevance, query understanding, ranking, and social context
- Build models to help users find authoritative content from pinners or boards
- Build search features that keep Pinners engaged with personalized and diversified content
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Technical background in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Natural Language Processing
- Experience working on large scale internet applications
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, C, Python)
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading etc)
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top