Software Engineer, Recommendations Platform
As a recommendations engineer, you'll work on a mix of projects spanning infrastructure, big data processing pipelines, and machine learning. You'll work on key projects to tackle major challenges such as: ensuring quality recommendations for the long tail of user interests, improving content diversity, developing new sources of recommendations, building features, and productionizing new models to improve result ranking. As part of a small team that powers over 40% of user engagement on Pinterest, you'll have high impact on the user experience.
What you'll do:
- Build new recommendation methods and signals for Pinterest content
- Evaluate potential improvements, prototype, validate, and productionize these strategies
- Build and optimize systems, tools, and validation strategies to support new features
What we're looking for:
- Inquisitive engineers with 2+ years of industry experience who enjoy thinking about complex systems
- Experience working on Web-scale backend services
- Experience working on production machine learning systems
- Experience building pipelines for offline data processing, such as with MapReduce
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top