Software Engineer, Recommendations Platform
Pinterest is looking for experienced software engineers to join the Content Platform team, where building an in-depth, systematic understanding of content is the key to driving value to Pinterest users and partners. Our team's mission is to personalize product experiences such as Home Feed, Search, and Ads, by building an extensible, scalable, reliable and shared recommendation platform. This platform aggregates and serves all signals about pinners, pins, and boards, and indexes all pins through batched/incremental/real-time pipelines to power our search technology for generating and ranking pin candidates.
What you'll do:
- Own, improve and scale existing static signal platform which coordinates tens of jobs and processes hundreds of TB data a day. This system rebuilds the full index of Pinterest's catalog of ideas periodically which powers almost all of Pinterest's products.
- Drive the roadmap for the next-generation real-time Pinterest signal platform, and build the system to instantly and incrementally update the indices.
- Leverage the embedding signals generated by content annotations and user behaviors to build and improve the recommendation system for Home Feed, Search, and Ads.
What we're looking for:
- Deep expertise on batch or realtime data processing at consumer Internet scale.
- Knowledge with machine learning/NLP/Vision is a plus.
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive projects end-to-end.
- Expert in C/C++ or Java, and fluent in Python
- MS or Ph.D in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical discipline or experience.
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top