Software Engineer, Protect & Integrity
As a software engineer on the Protect and Integrity teams, you'll build back-end systems that directly enable product surfaces to filter unsafe content. Your systems will process reporting signals from our 200+ million active users to enable a trustworthy experience on Pinterest. Your work is an essential part of ensuring content safety for our 100+ billion pins.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop highly reliable back-end systems
- Develop end-to-end solutions for user review, compliance, trust and safety, pin quality, and ad quality
- Integrate machine learned signals with large-scale filtering infrastructure
- Innovate on our tool-set to address trust and safety of our internationally growing user base
What we're looking for:
- CS degree and 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Expertise in design of scalable systems with experience in MySQL, Kafka, NoSQL, Hive and Big Data processing
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the stack
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming language
- Experience in web frameworks or large scale distributed systems is a plus
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top