Software Engineer, Media Platform
As a software engineer you will help build the next generation of media platform to process and serve billions of images and videos. Every second you reduce from serving image and video will benefit hundreds of millions of active users. Every bit you reduce from image and video will save millions of dollars for the company.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement the next generation of media platform to ingest and serve media content efficiently
- Work with product teams closely and explore new media types and formats to improve user’s experience and meet the fast growing and evolving needs of Pinterest
- Leverage external partners, eg. AWS and CDN, to scale our system globally and optimize the performance in each continent
- Work on a small team, iterate new features and make improvement on daily basis
What we’re looking for:
- Experience processing and serving images or videos in large scale
- Experience building large-scale server applications and distributed systems
- Knowledge of Java, C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience in Computer Science or closely related field
- Knowledge in media encoding and decoding is a plus
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top