Software Engineer, Internationalization (i18n)
As the first dedicated engineer on improving localization, you’ll have a huge impact on how we design, build, and deliver Pinterest to hundreds of millions of people around the world. You should be a generalist with experience working across the stack, have a strong focus on system design, and a keen eye for detail. You’ll be responsible for developing the localization framework to help hundreds of millions of Pinners across the globe use Pinterest every day.
What you’ll do:
- Develop localization tools for handling translations and internationalization of the Pinterest product
- Develop alerting & monitoring to ensure translations are functioning properly across 30+ languages
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, ensuring code quality, and best practices when it comes to localization
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of programming experience in a dynamic programming language
- Ability to set a clear technical strategy
- Ability to communicate effectively across engineering, product, design, and leadership to drive hard decisions
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top