Software Engineer (Intern)
At Pinterest, we're organically growing our team and product, and part of that growth includes infusing our team with Pinterns. We operate with lean product and platform engineering teams focused on high impact and results, and as a Pintern, you'll be working alongside current Pinployees on high impact, high exposure projects. Throughout your internship, you'll help us as we maneuver through crazy growth and insane scale while building awesome products and features, creating visually rich experiences, spearheading the discovery problem, and pinpointing tomorrow's engineering challenges. We offer a 12 week summer internship program and winter co-ops during the academic year in our San Francisco office.
What you'll do:
- Dive into the code base on your very first day
- Work on high impact projects and help build the future of Pinterest
- Knit across our engineering organization to build new features from scratch
- Continually grow both professionally and personally through various learning and development opportunities
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- 2-3 years of CS classes under your belt (Intro to CS and Algorithms, Advanced Algorithms, Operating Systems and Data Structures are all great!)
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top