Software Engineer, Human Computation
Do you want to build human computation tools which power some of Pinterest's most sophisticated machine learning algorithms? We're looking for a full-stack engineer who can apply a wide range of technologies to complex problems, including Hadoop and Spark jobs, UI design, React/Redux front-ends and scale. In the process of building the foundations of our active learning platform, you'll be asked to own problems end-to-end, taking both stakeholder and infrastructure concerns into account.
What you'll do:
- Work with human computation engineers to design, develop and maintain company-wide human evaluation platforms
- Build advanced platform functionality to support visual search initiatives like Lens and Shop the Look
- Develop storage and infrastructure that better integrates human evaluation with machine learning workflows
- Work on a platform for inserting surveys into the web and mobile apps.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years building backend services or doing full stack development
- Familiarity with UI tech stack and Web Application Development
- Desire to develop internal tools to support visual core signals and data
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and big data
See Inside the Office of Pinterest
Pinterest’s mission is to help people discover and do what they love. Using Pinterest makes people feel more inspired, optimistic, and creative—that’s why it’s one of the world’s most beloved brands, with over 200 million monthly active Pinners. Pinterest is a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and employees who work there are able to spark their creativity, try new things, and build their confidence as a leader, thinker, and doer.
Back to top