Software Engineer, Human Computation
Do you want to build human computation tools which power some of Pinterest's most sophisticated machine learning algorithms? We're looking for a full-stack engineer who can apply a wide range of technologies to complex problems, including Hadoop and Spark jobs, UI design, React/Redux front-ends and scale. In the process of building the foundations of our active learning platform, you'll be asked to own problems end-to-end, taking both stakeholder and infrastructure concerns into account.
What you'll do:
- Work with human computation engineers to design, develop and maintain company-wide human evaluation platforms
- Build advanced platform functionality to support visual search initiatives like Lens and Shop the Look
- Develop storage and infrastructure that better integrates human evaluation with machine learning workflows
- Work on a platform for inserting surveys into the web and mobile apps.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years building backend services or doing full stack development
- Familiarity with UI tech stack and Web Application Development
- Desire to develop internal tools to support visual core signals and data
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and big data
Back to top