Software Engineer, Homefeed Infrastructure
Millions of people visit Pinterest each day in search of inspiration for their daily lives. The home feed provides a continuously updating collection of personalized content curated by people with similar interests. By building and leveraging storage and serving infrastructure, and working alongside relevance and recommendations engineers, you will help ensure that each of our visitors has access to a collection of fresh pins that match their interests.
What you’ll do:
- Build scalable distributed services to handle millions of requests for home feed content each day
- Enable flexible ranking strategies for the home feed that consider the personal relevance, freshness, and diversity of content
- Carefully balance quality and speed while optimizing for engagement
- Run user-impacting experiments and help analyze their results
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building a high-availability distributed recommendation serving system
- Ability to write high-quality code in an object-oriented programming language (Java, Python, C++)
- Experience with MapReduce or other similar tools for large-scale data processing
- A curiosity for solving ranking and relevance problems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top