Software Engineer, Content Data
Our team's mission is to personalize product experiences by building an extensible, scalable, reliable, and shared recommendation platform. This platform aggregates and serves all signals about pinners, pins, and boards and indexes all pins through batched/incremental/real-time pipelines to power our search technology for generating and ranking pin candidates. As part of the Signal Platform team, you'll build an in-depth, systematic understanding of content, which is the key to driving value to our Pinners and partners.
What you'll do:
- Own, improve, and scale existing static signal platform which coordinates tens of jobs and processes hundreds of TB of data each day
- Own and maintain the system that rebuilds the full index of Pinterest's catalog of ideas periodically, which powers almost all of Pinterest's products
- Drive the roadmap for the next-generation real-time Pinterest signal platform and build the system to instantly and incrementally update the indices
What we're looking for:
- Deep expertise on batch or real-time data processing (Hadoop or Spark) at consumer Internet scale
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive projects end-to-end
- Expert in C/C++ or Java
- Fluent in Python
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top