Software Engineer, API
Pinterest's APIs are at the core of our product experience, from serving home feed and search requests to supporting Pin creation and browser extensions. We're looking for an engineer to join our API team and be the bridge between client and backend product development and help Pinterest scale in terms of network requests and developer velocity.
What you'll do :
- Keep our API service fast, efficient, and available
- Collaborate with engineers to build tools and frameworks for fast and reliable product development, including build, quality, and data pipelines
- Shape the future of our product development platform
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience
- Significant experience with Python, and at least one lower-level systems language (e.g. Java, C/C++, Elixir, Rust, Go)
- Experience building APIs for a rapidly iterating product or developer tools for fast-moving teams
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a product managers and engineers across a variety of platforms
- Strong communication skills and great product sense
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top