Software Engineer, Ads Infra
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms, and our continued success depends on the reliability, performance, and scalability of the Ads Serving system. We are looking engineers with experience and a passion in distributed systems to help us build the next-generation Ads Serving system that will deliver world class performance, and scale to 100x our current size (query volume, number of advertisers, number of ad creatives, number of product offerings). You'll join a small, early-stage team, working on multiple critical functional areas and lay the foundation for Pinterest's business success.
What you'll do:
- Own and grow the core functional areas of the Ads Serving system—ads serving system, ads indexing/retrieval system, ads ranking/training system, and ads data processing/warehousing system
- Apply Distributed Systems principles to build next-generation ads serving, indexing, and model training systems
- Use Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) to build next-generation ads data processing/warehousing system
- Improve core Ads Serving services components to achieve greater reliability, availability, modularity, and latency
- Develop processes to systematically evaluate the Ads Serving system for regressions in system performance and key business metrics
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience with distributed systems, data infrastructure, and coding
- Proficiency in multiple systems languages (Java, C++, Go)
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing backend serving systems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top