Site Reliability Engineer, Data & Storage
We’re looking for an engineer to build and run our large-scale distributed systems and to ensure Pinterest’s site reliability. You’ll design, build and monitor our applications and infrastructure that handle billions of monthly page views and petabytes of data.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and operate a subset of our data technologies stack: MySQL, Elastic Search, ZooKeeper, HBase, Hadoop, Memcache and Kafka with a focus on reliability, automation, operability and performance.
- Develop software solutions to enable operability of large scale distributed systems handling petabytes of data.
- Manage capacity and performance to help scale our infrastructure both on public and private clouds around the world.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong programming skills in one modern programming environment
- Experience developing and architecting solutions using both SQL and no-SQL databases like MySQL and Memcache
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/BSD internals
Back to top