New Grad Machine Learning Engineer (MS/PhD)
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Pinterest, you'll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are building the world's first discovery engine, serving up millions of recommendations to an incredibly loyal user base. At the same time, the team is building one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with highly relevant advertisers. In this role, you can join a small team in any of the following areas: image recognition, user modeling, recommender systems, natural language processing, and big data analytics. As you kickstart your career at Pinterest, you'll help us maneuver through crazy growth and insane scale while pinpointing tomorrow's engineering challenges.
What you'll do:
- Dive right into the code base on your first day
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code
- Break down complex problems and implement creative algorithms using state-of-the-art techniques
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve modeling and ranking problems across discovery, ads and search
What we're looking for:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, ads ranking, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce, Hadoop, and/or distributed systems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top