Pinterest helps people find inspiration—for everything from tonight's dinner to next summer's vacation or a dream house down the road. Partners play a big role in making those inspirations a reality, through their organic and paid investment on Pinterest. As a Measurement Scientist on the Measurement Science & Insights team, you'll work on diverse partner-facing analytical questions to help a variety of Advertising Partners understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising on Pinterest.
What You'll Do:
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, modeling, and the presentation of data to understand how we drive value for our partners.
- Partner with cross functional teams, including Measurement, Insights, Partner Analytics, Partner Marketing, Partner Product, and Partner Engineering teams to solve problems, build products based on data, and identify new opportunities.
- Report, visualize and communicate results to internal stakeholders and to inform the industry as a whole.
- Design, build, and launch new data models of user behaviors for analysis that relates to Partner outcomes and involve in the implementation of the model.
- Use various statistical methods to lead research projects from beginning to end, and ensure an efficient execution process.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of data science experience in the advertising or marketing industry.
- Strong knowledge in various statistical methods and/or machine learning.
- Expertise in working with relational databases, querying language (SQL, HQL), and statistical languages (R, Python).
- Ability to develop a research plan and deliver insightful and actionable results.
- Ability to work cross functionally with measurement teams, product teams, and other members of the wider analytical teams.
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top