Machine Learning Engineer, Recommendations
We work with some of the largest datasets in the world: tailoring over 100 billion Pins, across 1 billion boards, for hundreds of millions of users, all while making billions of recommendations each day. You'll work on a small team to understand Pinner interests and intent to build the systems and machine learning models that drive recommendations to Pinners at scale. You'll apply state-of-the-art data mining and machine learning techniques to significantly increase our product search and recommendation relevance capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Design and build machine learning systems that process and classify Internet-scale content
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve modeling and ranking problems across discovery and search
- Evaluate potential improvements, prototype, validate, and productionize these strategies
- Build and optimize systems, tools, and validation strategies to support new features
- Use Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm) to build large scale data mining pipelines
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, search, ranking, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce, Hadoop, and/or distributed systems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top