Machine Learning Engineer, Ads Ranking/Relevance
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with highly relevant advertisers. We're looking for engineers with experience in machine learning, text mining, and information retrieval to help us develop new data-driven techniques to boost the relevance of promoted pins. You'll be joining an early stage team that is growing quickly and laying the foundation for Pinterest's business success.
What you'll do:
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models to improve ad targeting, relevance, and engagement
- Develop new techniques for inferring user interests from online activity
- Mine text and visual signals to better understand promoted pin relevance
- Architect new systems for doing ad optimization at internet scale
- Work with product and sales teams to design and implement new ad products
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, ads ranking, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce, Hadoop, and/or distributed systems
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top