Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that's uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for a passionate, talented iOS Engineer to join the Engineering team and help us build a product that allows our Pinners to find something inspiring every time they open the app. When you apply to this position, you may be considered for more than one team, as we have mobile engineering needs across many orgs/teams. Wherever you go at Pinterest, you will work with a world-class cross-functional team to build new features, establish stronger platforms and contribute to work that affects our hundreds of millions of users, daily.
What you'll do:
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and designers and other functions to build a holistic product experience that's right for all Pinners
- Prototype new experiences for Pinners to drive key metrics
- Contribute to and lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
What we're looking for:
- Deep understanding of iOS development and best practices in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Deep understanding of UI development in iOS
- Knowledge of multi-threading, logging, memory management, caching, and builds on iOS
- Expertise in developing and debugging across a diverse service stack including storage and data solutions
- Demonstrated track record of improving software quality with stable releases
- Experience on platform teams/initiatives, driving technology adoption across feature teams
- Keeps up to date with new technologies to understand what should be incorporated
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Understanding of A/B testing is a plus
This position does not qualify for relocation.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.