Engineering Manager, Search Infrastructure
Currently, Search operates over a very large scale of hundreds of millions of queries and billions of documents and our next step is to dramatically improve our search results by customizing them to a particular user. We plan on using significant personalization to build a truly unique search product. To achieve this we will be leveraging this huge amount of data by building an efficient and scalable full search stack capable of combining traditional information retrieval technologies with efficient user personalization models.
What you'll do:
- Build and manage an engineering search infrastructure team focused on improving next generation Search across Pinterest and enabling result set personalization
- Develop a very large scale system utilizing clusters of machines to implement a custom full stack search strategy involving retrieval, lightweight scoring, full scoring, result set analysis, and query understanding
- Define team strategy and a long term roadmap to support key search goals around freshness, diversity, personalization, scalability, and reliability
- Have a significant impact working on core search across Pinterest by collaborating closely with engineering leadership and product leadership to define and implement new search products
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation, and delivery of sophisticated production infrastructure systems
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing a team of software engineers
- Programming experience in C++ and knowledge of low level resource management
Meet Some of Pinterest's Employees
As a company that relies on a huge collection of images and an elegant user-interface, Pinterest needs engineers like Tracy to write the code that supports it.
Back to top